Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Kids of all ages would enjoy these! Adjust all ingredients to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb pork and beans (use 1 pound can)
- 2 large hot dogs, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion (or to taste)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together pork and beans with sliced hot dogs, BBQ sauce, brown sugar and onions.
- Remove the dough from the package and press each biscuit into a greased muffin cup.
- Fill each cup with the bean/hot dog mixture.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle each with grated cheddar cheese and serve.
Great idea to make this in a biscuit cup. It was very good but I thought the bbq sauce was a bit to much (it could have just been the brand I used) but next time I will use less.
Loved it, well, the kids did. I didn't try it. It was easy to make and both the 9 year old and 6 year old loved them. I got a can of beans with all the trimmings so I didn't add the brown sugar, onions etc. I also used 4 hotdogs. I wasn't sure if these needed to be pressed into the bottom or up the sides as well. I pressed them up the sides making little cups and just filled them up. Thanks for posting, they will be made often.
It is in the oven right now. So far so good! It was easy to prepare and that is what I need around here at lunch time, as I have NO TIME for fancy lunches. I drained the juice off the beans. A quick upside down with the can, just long to get most of the juice off. Two minutes to go, need to get the cheese out... I do have to say these were a HIT!!! I'm glad I drained the juice off the beans or I would have had soggy biscuits. I was afraid that the biscuit cups did not have enough dough in the tins but it worked just fine. Baked for a total of 14 minutes. Kittencal, thanks for a great recipe.