Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I made this on the stove top, but this is a delicious crock pot meal to have ready and waiting for you when you come home. Recipe courtesy of Maurine Hutchings, Boise Idaho and the Idaho Press Tribune. Serving size is estimated.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (cut into 1 inch slices) or 6 Polish sausage (cut into 1 inch slices)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup salsa (use more salsa if desired)
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans (undrained)
- 16 ounces kidney beans (undrained)
- 16 ounces red kidney beans (undrained)
- 16 ounces black beans (undrained)
- 16 ounces white beans (undrained)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups tomatoes
- garlic powder, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Brown and saute ground beef or polish sausage with onions.
- Mix other ingredients with meat in a crock pot and cook 6 to 7 hours on low heat.