Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy "throw it together" bean salad with flavors that everyone loves. Very healthy and full of fiber! Has a middle-eastern flair.
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon za'atar spice mix (optional)
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 loaves pita bread or 2 loaves lettuce cups
- Rinse and drain beans and put into a large bowl.
- Dice large tomato and add to beans with the chopped parsley, juice from two lemons, the olive oil, garlic salt, and zaatar.
- Serve with pita bread and/or lettuce cups.