Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Save money by fixing tostadas at home. This recipe costs less than $4.00 to make. Ordering them at a restaurant would cost $8.00 or more. Homemade tostadas are also healthier because they are made with less fat and salt than those bought at a restaurant.
- cooking spray
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup cooked kidney bean, drained
- 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- salsa, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray and sprinkle the top side with chili powder. Bake the tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp. While tortillas are baking, shred the cheese. Remove the tortillas from the oven. Top each baked tortilla with a layer of chees, beans, tomatoes, and lettuce. Add salsa, if desired, and serve.
- QUICK TIP: Any type of bean can be substitued for this recipe. If choosing canned beans rinse and drain before using.