Recipe by Stylin'Dog
Came up with this one on the fly. This quantity of ingredients will be sufficient marinade for 4 drumsticks. I like to use zipper-seal bags for marinating because the air can be removed so that the meat is surrounded by marinade, which means I can throw it into the fridge and forget about it until cooking time. I get a nice, even marinade on every piece without any extra fuss. Plus, it is one less dish to wash after.
Top Review by Alicia4097
VERY moist! Knife slid right through it. Even a day later, the meat is nice and tender. I didn't have the vinegar and had to use ketchup instead of the BBQ sauce as a base, so it was a bit bland. That was my problem, not the recipe's. I put it all in a ziplock overnight in the fridge, turning every few hours. I had to bake mine in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, using boneless breasts. I turned once halfway through. I will be making this again next week with BBQ sauce and with the vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce or 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon steak sauce (I used HP)
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Put chicken pieces into a large zipper-seal bag.
- Pour marinade into bag.
- Seal bag, making sure to remove most of the air so that the chicken has lots of contact with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more before grilling.