Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I found this recipe in my local paper and found it so easy, quick and adaptable and you don't even have to have an ice cream maker. One tip, I also add 1 teaspoon of glycerin to soften the ice cream. If not leave out of the freezer for 5 minutes or so to soften before serving, I have made lovely rum & raisin and also maple syrup and pecans. All tasting delicious and creamy. Try adding your favourite flavours.
- 600 ml double cream
- 1 (397 g) can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- Whip double cream in a large bowl to soft peaks - at least double in size .
- Add can of condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Add 1 teaspoons glycerin if using.
- Mix well and freeze in plastic container.