1/2 Photos of Easy Basic Meatballs
This is originally from the Betty Crocker cookbook. My 3rd and 4th grade daughters are learning to cook and this is simple enough for them, but turns out well enough to serve to guests. (When they use this recipe, they usually sub 1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder for the chopped onion.) It's also a very versatile recipe: sometimes we also add other spices -- oregano, basil, thyme for Italian food or cinnamon and mint for Greek food.) We always oven-bake these, though there are also pan-fry and microwave options in the cookbook that we've not tried. Also good to cook ahead and freeze for later use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients and shape into 20-24 meatballs (1 to 1-1/2 inches each).
- 2To oven bake: Place in ungreased 9x13 pan (you may want to line it with foil for easier clean-up).
- 3Bake 20-25 min or until light brown and cooked through; turn meatballs halfway through, if desired, to help maintain a round shape.
- 4To pan fry: Cook in skillet on medium heat, turning as needed, until brown (approx 20 min).
- 5To microwave: Place in micro-proof 12x7 pan and cover loosely.
- 6Micro on high for 3 minutes; rearrange meatballs.
- 7Cover again loosely and micro until brown inside, approx 5-7 min more.
- 8Let stand covered for 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Basic Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (694 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.3
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g