Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
Adapted by All-Clad from the book "The Slow Cooker Ready and Waiting Cookbook" by Rick Rodgers. Notes from the recipe "Everyone loves tender, juicy beef brisket, and no cooking method makes it better than the slow cooker. If you wish, serve the sliced beef on soft hamburger buns for the best brisket sandwiches around." Prep time is calculated for the time spent after the meat has cooked; I would expect about 30 minutes to prep the meat for the slow cooker.
- Using a sharp knife, trim excess fat from briskets, leaving only a think layer of fat. Lightly season briskets with salt.
- Heat oil in large fry pan over high heat. One at a time, add brisket and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- Season briskets with chili powder. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from fry pan and reduce heat to medium. Add onions and garlic then cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili sauce and beer; remove from heat.
- Stack briskets in slow cooker. Pour in chili sauce mixture. Cover and cook on high until fork-tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- Transfer briskets to platter; tent with foil to keep warm and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
- Strain sauce through sieve over bowl; reserve onions.
- Pour sauce onto fry pan; boil until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir in onions.
- Slice meat across the grain. Moisten sliced meat with some sauce.
- Serve, with remaining sauce on the side.