Adapted by All-Clad from the book "The Slow Cooker Ready and Waiting Cookbook" by Rick Rodgers. Notes from the recipe "Everyone loves tender, juicy beef brisket, and no cooking method makes it better than the slow cooker. If you wish, serve the sliced beef on soft hamburger buns for the best brisket sandwiches around." Prep time is calculated for the time spent after the meat has cooked; I would expect about 30 minutes to prep the meat for the slow cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a sharp knife, trim excess fat from briskets, leaving only a think layer of fat. Lightly season briskets with salt.
- 2Heat oil in large fry pan over high heat. One at a time, add brisket and cook, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- 3Season briskets with chili powder. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from fry pan and reduce heat to medium. Add onions and garlic then cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili sauce and beer; remove from heat.
- 4Stack briskets in slow cooker. Pour in chili sauce mixture. Cover and cook on high until fork-tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- 5Transfer briskets to platter; tent with foil to keep warm and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
- 6Strain sauce through sieve over bowl; reserve onions.
- 7Pour sauce onto fry pan; boil until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir in onions.
- 8Slice meat across the grain. Moisten sliced meat with some sauce.
- 9Serve, with remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Barbecued Brisket (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.8
- Calories from Fat 695
- Total Fat 77.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 206.9 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 48.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Heinz 57 steak sauce