Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the most wonderful tasting way to use up any left over cooked beef, my family loves these sandwiches, I always make a large roast so I can have leftovers just to make this recipe! I usually serve them up with fries, this recipe is very easy to make as it is prepared in the microwave, but if desired this could also be prepare in a saucepan.
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 -2 finely minced fresh garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups cut-up cooked beef
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or any amount you desire)
- In prepared 2-qt microwave-safe dish mix all ingredients except beef, bread rolls and the cheese; cover and microwave on HIGH until hot and bubbly (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove and stir very well.
- Add the beef into sauce; cover and microwave until beef is hot (another 3-5 minutes).
- Fill the bread rolls with beef mixture.
- Top with cheese slices.