Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is the most wonderful tasting way to use up any left over cooked beef, my family loves these sandwiches, I always make a large roast so I can have leftovers just to make this recipe! I usually serve them up with fries, this recipe is very easy to make as it is prepared in the microwave, but if desired this could also be prepare in a saucepan.
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 -2 finely minced fresh garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups cut-up cooked beef
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or any amount you desire)
- In prepared 2-qt microwave-safe dish mix all ingredients except beef, bread rolls and the cheese; cover and microwave on HIGH until hot and bubbly (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove and stir very well.
- Add the beef into sauce; cover and microwave until beef is hot (another 3-5 minutes).
- Fill the bread rolls with beef mixture.
- Top with cheese slices.
This is an excellent way to use up that leftover roast beef! And seeing that there are only two of us, I am always on the lookout for ideas. This was soooo easy to do (I rarely cook in the microwave!) and the flavor was tangy and delicious. I added a couple tablespoons of chili sauce (I was low on ketchup) but otherwise made exactly as posted. Also, I didn't have any crusty rolls, so I served the beef over rice - yum! Thanks, Kit!!
Good flavor, and super-easy!
We thought this was good, but only if you don't think of it as BBQ!! It is tasty, but not what I think of as a BBQ sandwich! Thanks for sharing! :O)