This is the most wonderful tasting way to use up any left over cooked beef, my family loves these sandwiches, I always make a large roast so I can have leftovers just to make this recipe! I usually serve them up with fries, this recipe is very easy to make as it is prepared in the microwave, but if desired this could also be prepare in a saucepan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 -2 finely minced fresh garlic clove
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups cut-up cooked beef
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (or any amount you desire)
- 1In prepared 2-qt microwave-safe dish mix all ingredients except beef, bread rolls and the cheese; cover and microwave on HIGH until hot and bubbly (about 2-3 minutes).
- 2Remove and stir very well.
- 3Add the beef into sauce; cover and microwave until beef is hot (another 3-5 minutes).
- 4Fill the bread rolls with beef mixture.
- 5Top with cheese slices.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Barbecued Beef With Crusty Rolls (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 610.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: