Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My english boyfriend introduced me to this pie, and after a bit of tweeking, I came up with this way of making it. It takes no time at all, and tastes fantastic.
- Melt butter just a bit and add to well crushed cookies, mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 19cm deep, loose-bottom tin.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Place sugar in a saucepan till it is melted and it begins to change to golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add butter, stir continuously.
- Return to heat and bring to boil for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and add condensed milk.
- Stir well.
- If the mixture does not feel very thick, return to heat, stirring constantly, till it does.
- Pour over the biscuit base and chill till firm.
- Slice or mash 2 bananas and spead on the top of the caramel.
- Then beat the cream till thick, and spread over the bananas.
- Decorate with grated chocolate.
- Slice and enjoy!
Wonderful! Couldn't get the 'caramel' to really thicken up (new saucepan so haven't got the hang of it!), but the taste was all there! Thank you!