Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Classic New Orleans dessert, made simple for the folks at home. The alcohol is optional.
Make and share this Easy Bananas Foster recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 scoops ice cream (vanilla or something more exotic like praline or wattleseed)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced bananas and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Lower heat and continue cooking, stirring constantly for 2 more minutes.
- Serve over a scoops of ice cream.
- Note: 1 oz of booze may be added during the last 2 minutes of cooking (Rum works well), add with the pan off of the heat- Beware of flaming.
I make this myself, though I add more butter :: grin ::: This is a WONDERFUL treat and usually can be made with what you have on hand. I also like to add some walnuts in there for a crunchy texture.
Incredibly delicious, and incredibly easy. Take an extra five minutes to add a touch of class to your simple vanilla ice cream. Including the optional ounce of rum is highly recommended.
I overcooked the bananas, so will add them last next time. I also added pecans and butterscotch topping. Even with the mushy bananas, a food sex moment.