Classic New Orleans dessert, made simple for the folks at home. The alcohol is optional.
Make and share this Easy Bananas Foster recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced bananas and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Lower heat and continue cooking, stirring constantly for 2 more minutes.
- Serve over a scoops of ice cream.
- Note: 1 oz of booze may be added during the last 2 minutes of cooking (Rum works well), add with the pan off of the heat- Beware of flaming.