Recipe by Retro Kali
This is beautiful, unique, and easy. Layer cakes with bananas, whipped cream rum filling, and pirouettes on top!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 (9 inch) layer cake
- 8 pepperidge farm pirouette cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bananas.
- Combine lime or lemon juice and 1 tbsp rum to bananas.
- Beat whipped cream with sugar, coffee, and remaining rum till peaks form.
- Place one layer cake on a pretty plate.
- Add layer of cream, and 1/2 the sliced bananas ( drained).
- Top with remaining layer cake.
- Add last of cream, and arrange bananas, and cookies in alternating patterns on top of cake.
- It is best to assemble this shortly before eating.
- You an add more rum to the cream, it is more runny, but tastes better!
- Needs to be refrigerated.