PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this recipe on a paper bag of bananas from my local Weis market. They're simple and yummy and my kids can't seem to get enough of them! It's also a great way to use up ripe bananas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky. They also suggest using reduced fat but I never have)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Spray baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- 3Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- 4In a medium bowl, beat together banana, brown sugar, margarine and peanut butter until light and fluffy using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- 5Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 6Gradually beat in flour mixture until a dough forms.
- 7Shape dough into 1 inch balls, placing them 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- 8Using the tines of a fork dipped in flour, press crisscross patterns onto each cookie.
- 9Bake cookies in batches until edges are set, about 10 minutes.
- 10Place baking sheets on wire racks and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Banana Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 28.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g