This is my go-to recipe for using up ripe bananas. Use as many ripe bananas as you want, at a ratio of: 3 Medium bananas to 1 C quick Oats (or 3/4 - 1 C rolled Oats.) Then select other ingredients according to taste: like spices, currents or raisins, vanilla, coconut, cocoa nibs--your imagination is the only limit! The 3:1 batch makes about 1-1/2 doz. cookie 'bites'. I got the basic idea off the web [see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0oF4tqJT8 or http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/2-ingredient-cookies-plus-the-mix-ins-of-your-choice for 2 examples among many basic 2 item recipes--many people claimed to have "invented it." I call it synchronicity! :-] I soon realized what a fun recipe it really can be, because you can add so many things to flavor it! In addition, by adding eggs to the mix you can add bran, flax seeds, and other dry ingredients to boost the fiber as well as flavor. I like adding Cocoa Nibs because they don't melt in hot weather or on hikes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Here are some suggestions for add ins
- 1Preheat oven to 375* or 350 Convect.
- 2Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- 3Mash 3 bananas in a medium bowl.
- 4Stir in 1 C quick Oats & mix well.
- 5Mix in other ingredients of choice.
- 6(Cocoa nibs, nuts, ?) for "surprise" factor.
- 7Optional: Mix in 1-2 eggs.
- 8(and/ or coconut oil) until desired thick (cookie dough)consistency.
- 9drop cookie dough by spoonfulls onto the greased cookie sheet. (They may be very close together, they will not appreciably change size).
- 10Bake at 375* (or 350 convect) for about 9 minutes (+/-) until the cookie bites have golden edges & peaks,.and when 'poked' softly with your finger, they spring back--.
- 11Cool & enjoy! These can be enjoyed warm, or can be frozen for later use or to be eaten a few at a time at a later date.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Banana Oat Surprises (GF, Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: