Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple and quick way to use those still good but aesthetically non-pleasing week-old bananas. I like to use a less dense, lighter bread with this recipe, like normal sandwich bread.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 pinches ground cinnamon
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 6 slices bread
- Mash the banana in a shallow bowl with a fork; mix it until most lumps disappear.
- Scramble both eggs into the bowl along with the spices and vanilla extract.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan.
- Use cooking spray or butter.
- Dip slices of bread in mixture and transfer to pan.
- Cook both sides until done.
I had two of those "ugly" bananas to use up so I let my 5 year old mash them and I added a second egg and about 1/4 cup milk. In the end I just doubled the spices because I had essentially doubled everything else. lol We were able to easily make 6 slices of bread. My family LOVED this recipe. I added peanut butter as well as butter and syrup to mine. Delicious! I love that this recipe is really super easy to make, and what a genius idea for using up bananas! Thanks for sharing your recipe, DangerChef!
this was wonderful french toast and will be even better when i get the batter right, ( i forgot the milk), and stop second guessing myself about cook time. can't wait to do it again. thanks for the recipe and the tips!
For us it would have been better to add a little bit of milk for the taste and thickness. Because it was too thick and it didn't made a lot. Thanks TheDangerChef :) Made for PAC Spring 2012