This is the best banana cream pie I have ever tasted! My cousin gave me the recipe years ago, and I have made it many times.
- In med heavy saucepan, combine flour, sugar, yolks and half and half.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Place half the bananas in bottom of baked pie crust.
- Pour half the filling over bananas.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with wax paper and chill.
- Whip the cream on high until stiff.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Pile on top of pie.