Recipe by wife2abadge
Easy and yummy pie that goes together quickly. You can use a chocolate crumb crust rather than a shortbread if you like. Both are tasty. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
Top Review by Lisa Lou Who
This deserves 5 stars for simplicity alone!! I made this for my husband on father's day. We are stuck in a motel for a week and the kids wanted to surprise him with his favorite dessert. This was really super good and like I said super EASY!! Mine didn't set up all that well but I'm sure it's becasue I tried to thaw the cool whip in the microwave....something that I do not recommend it made it very runny. But this did not effect the taste. Will keep this on hand for super speedy sweets!!
- 1 ready shortbread crust
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pudding mix, banana cream flavored
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed and divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups bananas, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl, stirring 1 1/2 minutes with a wire whisk.
- Gently fold 1 cup of Cool Whip Free into pudding mixture.
- Arrange banana slices over crust and spoon pudding mixture over bananas.
- Cover and chill 1 1/2 hours or until set.
- Spoon remaining 3/4 cup of Cool Whip Free around the edge of the pie.