Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this on Pinterest and tried it as was simple and it made a small cake. It was delish!
Make and share this Easy Banana Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- To make cake:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (bake at 350 degrees if using a glass pan).
- Cream together sugar, sour cream, egg, and 2 T. softened butter. Add mashed bananas and 1 teaspoons vanilla extract. Add flour, salt & baking soda; mix well. Pour into greased 8 X 8 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting:.
- Cream butter and confections sugar together until smooth. Slowly add the heavy cream; stir until smooth. Stir in the vanilla bean past or extract until fully incorporated. Spread on cooled cake.
- Recipe doubles well to fit in a 9 X 13 pan.
- Here is the general rule for substituting vanilla:.
- 1 vanilla bean = 1 T. vanilla powder = 1 T. vanilla bean paste = 1 T.pure vanilla extract.