1/1 Photo of Easy Banana Bread - Chocolate Nut
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A fairly easy banana bread that uses a the creaming method for a lighter texture. Not cake-like, but not as dense as some quick breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups sugar (500 gms)
- 1 cup butter, softened (228 gms)
- 4 large eggs (200 gms)
- 3 cups mashed ripe bananas (660 gms, approximately 6)
- 1 cup whole milk (236 gms)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour (700 gms)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 -2 cup chopped walnuts (120-240 gms) (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (340 gms) (optional)
- 1Move your oven rack so that the top of the loaf will be in the center of the oven. Heat the oven to 350ºF. Grease three loaf pans with with shortening. Line with parchement if desired.
- 2Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl unitl light and fluffy.
- 3Stir in eggs until blended.
- 4Add bananas, milk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- 5Mix remaining dry ingredients in ziplock bag and gently combine with banana mix. Stir in nuts and/or chocolate.
- 6Divide into 3 pans (about 1000 gms per pan). Bake for 1 ¼ hours (until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- 7Cool 5 minutes on wire rack still in pan. Then remove from pan and place top side up. Cool completely before slicing. Wrap tightly and store a room temperature for 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Banana Bread - Chocolate Nut
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g