Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Well, it is amazing what you find when you clean out your kitchen. This is my favorite easy yum Banana bread recipe that was missing for about 10 years. I found a recipe box with a lot of missing favorites and this is the first one I am going to post
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- I use Bakers Joy Spray.
- Mix all ingredients together well about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Super easy and super tasty.
Great for a 1st time banana bread maker. Here are my adjustments: 1tbs of rum (next time banana rum), 1 tbs of vanilla soymilk, 1 tbs of sour cream. Oh and since i didnt have any nuts on hand I used butter pecan cake mix box that i had in my pantry. It also took longer than 55 minutes too but only a little longer. Thanks for such an easy recipe.
Most excellent!! Made it twice and as muffins. Used spice cake mix.