Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is originally from a Chinese cuisine cook book, but originally it was a bit bland, so I added a touch of Szechuan to it. I really think it tastes great, with a bit of a kick to it, and it is good served as a side to just about any Chinese dish. :) Comes together really quick and is quite light.
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 teaspoon szechuan sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon light oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring stock to a boil.
- Add bamboo shoots and Szechuan sauce, and return to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water until there are no lumps, then add to stock/shoots, and let it thicken slightly.
- Add the 1 teaspoons of oil to thin it out a little.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy. :).
- For Vegan- Use Vegetable Stock.