Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this recipe because it's easy, I always have these ingredients on hand and it's such a great result with so little effort! Poaching the chicken in the balsamic sauce yields an extremely flavorful and juicy result! I usually serve it with asparagus or spinach and roasted potatoes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a sauce pan, bring the chicken broth and balsamic vinegar to a boil.
- Add the chicken. If the broth and vinegar mixture doesn't fully cover the chicken pieces, add a little more broth
- Simmer for 2 minutes, cover, and remove the pan from heat.
- Set pan aside for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Try not to lift the lid during the 20 minutes of cooking.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Return sauce to the stove and reduce until to about 1/2 a cup (this may take awhile to reduce, but it's worth it, stick with it).
- Pour the reduced sauce glaze over chicken and serve!