Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sonoma Diet Wave 1.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 1/2 teaspoons minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound lightly to 1/2-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Place chicken in a self-sealing plastic bag. In a small bowl combine vinegar, oil, garlic, kosher salt, and crushed red pepper. Pour over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain, discarding marinade. For a charcoal grill, grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170°F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Oven method: Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast chicken in a 400°F oven for about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170°F).
I couldn't really taste the balsamic in the chicken. Maybe if you marinate overnight. This was just ok for us. Made for Fall PAC 2011.