Recipe by the80srule
I'm trying to eat fresh asparagus more, and this is a simple and elegant side dish that would work for all kinds of meals. Very classic roasty flavors!
Top Review by WiGal
Dee-lish! My kind of food. I omitted the green beans as grocery store's were questionable and used regular carrots which I should have cut into match stick size as my asparagus was very thin. I did cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces. Dressing is wonderful! Served with recipe#463645. Thank you 80s for posting.
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 1⁄3 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the baby carrots into halves or quarters. I prefer to eat them thinly cut, some people like them thicker or whole. I prefer to leave the greenbeans whole.
- Cut the starchy part of the asparagus spears off, then put all the veggies into a large tossing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together well to make a marinade.
- Pour over the veggies and toss well to coat.
- Lay them out in a baking dish (I use 11 x 7) and roast at 425F for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned but not burnt.