Recipe by iewe
A classic that is simple to make, and good 'ol comfort food!!
Top Review by diner524
Great baked ziti!! I did make my own sauce and had some cottage cheese that needed to be used so I through that in the first layering. I followed the rest as written, other than increasing the amount of mozzarella cheese. My DS and his friend had 2 helpings and then took the other half over to DD's the next day and her boyfriend had two helpings, so I would say it was a hit for my family. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Stars Tag Game.
- 453.59 g ziti pasta (or other short tube pasta)
- 737.08 g jar spaghetti sauce
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 453.59 g ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasonings and drain.
- Stir in the jar of spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Allow this to simmer while you cook the noodles.
- Cook noodles until al dente and then drain.
- Stir one cup of sauce into the drained noodles.
- Add 1/2 cup of sauce to the bottom of a 9×13 dish, and then pour in 1/2 of the noodles.
- Top these noodles with half the cheese. Repeat these steps with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Bake for twenty minutes covered at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and bake another ten minutes.