Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A classic that is simple to make, and good 'ol comfort food!!
Make and share this Easy Baked Ziti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ziti pasta (or other short tube pasta)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasonings and drain.
- Stir in the jar of spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Allow this to simmer while you cook the noodles.
- Cook noodles until al dente and then drain.
- Stir one cup of sauce into the drained noodles.
- Add 1/2 cup of sauce to the bottom of a 9×13 dish, and then pour in 1/2 of the noodles.
- Top these noodles with half the cheese. Repeat these steps with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Bake for twenty minutes covered at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and bake another ten minutes.
Great baked ziti!! I did make my own sauce and had some cottage cheese that needed to be used so I through that in the first layering. I followed the rest as written, other than increasing the amount of mozzarella cheese. My DS and his friend had 2 helpings and then took the other half over to DD's the next day and her boyfriend had two helpings, so I would say it was a hit for my family. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Stars Tag Game.
Quick & Easy! I mixed ground beef and italian sausage instead of just using ground beef. Added fresh garlic and frozen homemade spaghetti sauce. Great weeknight meal. Very good! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
This was a big hit with my family. I added some chopped pepperoni to the ground beef and substituted a cup of Italian cheese blend in place of one of the cups of mozarella. It was delicious!