Recipe by Atiekay
This is my staple tofu marinade! I add it to stir frys and salads or just eat it plain. The recipe was based on a friend's, but I altered the amounts a bit to my taste. I like my tofu best if it's frozen and unthawed before using. Time to make doesn't include marinating.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the tofu by pressing between 2 plates and something heavy (cans, textbooks, whatev). It needs to be pressed for at least 30minutes, draining the water halfway through.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients and cube the tofu in half inch chunks.
- Let the tofu soak up the marinade for as long as you like (at least 15 minutes, overnight is ideal).
- Bake with the marinade in a dish at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Flip the pieces halfway through baking them.
- Serving ideas: in fried rice, a basic salad, pita pocket w/veggies, w/cooked broccoli.