1/1 Photo of Easy Baked Summer Yellow Squash
1 hr 10 mins
This is a delicious recipe to use up your crop of summer squash, even people who hate squash like this recipe! When I made this I added in about 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic, but that is optional. You can cook the squash hours in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs yellow squash, peeled
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 1Chop the squash into about 1-1/2-inch cubes.
- 2Bake, steam or boil until tender; drain the squash very well if boiling then place into a bowl and mash.
- 3Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 4Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 5To the mashed squash add in 1/4 cup melted butter, onions, eggs, sugar, seasoned salt and black pepper to taste; mix to combine.
- 6Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 7In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup melted butter until blended; sprinkle over the squash.
- 8Bake for about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Summer Yellow Squash
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.1
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.5 mg
- Sodium 649.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: