Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very simple to throw together, only one dish! Uses veggies in season now (early summer.) Serves 2-4 but could easily be doubled.
- 1 yellow squash, cleaned and sliced into rounds
- 8 baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups hot Italian sausage, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups broccoli, florets and stalk, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss all ingredients together, except parmesan cheese, to evenly coat with olive oil.
- Cover and place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
You have a winner here, Tiffany27. This was delicious and so quick to prepare. I made it on a busy night for us, and it was great to have a filling meal with meat, veggies and everything all in one. My squash was a little small, so I added two and I'm glad I did because it was a little scant even with two. Next time, I'll do the same so there is enough squash for everyone. Made for the Spring 2014 Pick-A-Chef event.
Made this using yellow and green squash and added a little onion (I love onions) and otherwise followed the instructions. This was really quite good. DH wasn't as excited but I really enjoyed it. Like breezermom said this was even better the next day. Served with a green salad. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
I've never made anything quite like this before, and with this combination of veggies. I was very pleasantly surprised! Really enjoyed this, and it was even better the next day heated up for lunch. Thanks so much for sharing this easy and delicious recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2012.