Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not something that you see everyday, but you'll wish you did! It's so easy to make and perfect for pot luck dinners. I listed this with the cheese that I like, but you can substitute whatever you like. Also, feel free to add veggies to the sauce. Enjoy!
- 453.59 g spaghetti
- 453.59 g pasta sauce
- 226.79 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 226.79 g shredded monetary monterey jack cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot with plenty of water, until ALMOST done and drain.
- Coat the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan (or two 8 inch pans.) with pasta sauce.
- Layer the spaghetti, remaining sauce, and the shredded cheese in the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Tasted pretty good. I added pepperonis to it to add a little more flavor.
This could easily be used with meat too - brown some ground sausage and/or beef - for more protein. Also a good "use-up" for those broken pieces of spaghetti or other broken pasta that you always end up throwing away. This way, no one will notice! I would definitely add minced garlic too b/c I love it! I use jarred spaghetti sauce all the time, but always add more basil, oregano, or Italian Seasoning to make it more flavorful and more homemade like. I actually add a small can of diced tomatoes and cook them down, then mixing with the jarred sauce, to make my "homemade" sauce.
Great recipe!! I mixed a little spaghetti sauce in w/ the spaghetti before layering, Turned out great! Very flavorful!