Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the most easiest pasta dish to make and is so good! make certain to "undercook" the rigatoni pasta, only cook until just firm-tender as it will cook more in the oven, or you can use penne pasta in place of rigatoni. I have even made this with cooked coarsley chopped bacon in place of ham for a smokey flavor.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I did a half batch of this using a mixture of ham & bacon. I used vegeroni noodles, canned tomatoes, fresh mushrooms and also added some diced zucchini. It was quite rich & creamy so I also added some tomato paste to taste. Super cheesy, great comfort food.
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups canned sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water with 2-3 tablespoons salt until JUST firm-tender; drain and then place in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together ham, tomatoes, drained mushrooms, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese and thyme.
- Pour the cream over and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese on top if desired.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir the pasta to coat with the cheeses; cover and place bake in oven for about 30 minutes longer.