Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
We love this dish at our house! Adjust all ingredients to taste.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
The kids and I loved this! As I had no fresh tomatoes, I used 1 can concasse and just a bit of water, also 2 minced garlic cloves. The rest of the recipe was followed to the letter. This produced a lovely baked pasta dish that was very flavourful and not difficult at all to make. The feta provided a nice touch to the usual blend of baked pasta cheeses, giving a zing, but melting nicely into the pasta and sauce. Just enough liquid to keep the pasta from dyring out, but not too much so that it becomes cloyingly rich. Thanks Kitten.
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced ham (or to taste)
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, divided (you can use more mozza cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-in baking dish.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until firm-tender; drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cooked pasta, ham, tomatoes, 1 cup feta, 1-1/2 cups mozza cheese, thyme, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add in the cream; mix to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups mozza cheese (can use more).
- Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover foil, then sprinkle with mozza cheese, return to bake for 10 minutes more.
- Note** if desired, 1 onion chopped, and about 2 tablespoons minced garlic may be sauteed, and added to the mixture.