Store bought pasta sauce makes this dish easy but you may use homemade pasta sauce for this recipe, Classico Tomato and Basil flavor pasta sauce works well for this, the success of this recipe will really depend on which pasta sauce you use, you may increase the sauce amount to taste, zita or penne pasta can be used in place of the rigatoni if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb small white button mushrooms (or use as much as desired)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni pasta (do not overcook the pasta as it will cook more in the oven)
- 1 (26 ounce) bottle favorite pasta sauce (or use about 4 cups favorite homemade pasta sauce, can use more)
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a medium casserole dish (or a dish large enough to hold the mixture).
- 3In a skillet cook the whole small mushrooms in a little oil or butter until all the moisture has evaporated (about 10 minutes) remove to an extra large bowl.
- 4To the same skillet add in the ground beef with chili flakes, onions, garlic and red bell pepper; cook until beef is no longer pink and the veggies are tender (about 12-15 minutes).
- 5Season with salt and pepper; drain any fat, then add to the bowl with the cooked mushrooms.
- 6To the bowl with the beef and mushrooms, add in all the sauce and 1-1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste) toss well to combine.
- 7Add in the cooked pasta and toss again.
- 8Transfer the mixture to a greased casserole dish.
- 9Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and bubbly.
- 11Remove from oven and sprinkle about 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese on top.
- 12Return to oven and continue to bake until the cheese has melted (about 5-6 minutes).
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Rigatoni With Ground Beef and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (872 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1377.0
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 2831.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 41.1 g
- Protein 70.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: