Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
an adopted recipe that I have changed slightly. Kids will love it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (28 ounce) jar three-cheese pasta sauce
- 1 (25 ounce) package portabella mushroom ravioli, cooked
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, until no longer pink, and drain.
- put it back into the large skillet, and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion, and zucchini in margarinejust until tender crisp, and stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of sauce, layer 1/2 of ravoli,half spaghetti sauce, half beef, and half cheese.
- Repeat again except omit the cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I really liked this, my picky kids gave it mixed reviews even after we reminded them that it just has all the ingredients of spaghetti. I loved that you could not taste the spinach at all. My kids had no idea it was there, ha ha ha.
This met with mixed reviews I'm afraid. The kids were less than impressed (which surprised me),and didn't eat more than a couple of mouthfuls. DH really liked it and took the leftovers to work for lunch. I think with a few modifications for our personal tastes it could be a winner.
Very kid friendly. I did make a small adjustment. I omitted the hamburger and had to sub the ravioli with the spinach/cheese kind. I did however add in some chopped portobello mushrooms along with an extra zucchini. Otherwise followed the rest. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)