Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe, it is quick and easy. I got bored one night and rummaged around in my cabinets for a quick dinner. I created this and my husband ate it all! lol It is now a house favorite!
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) boxbetty crocker hash browns (in a box, only comes in one size)
- 1 (1 ounce) package Mccormick potato toppers (found by the potatoes in vegetable section of the grocery store, there is only one size)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt or 1⁄2 tablespoon season salt
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits or 2 tablespoons Bacos bacon bits
- 4 -8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or a blend)
- Add hot water, butter, potato toppers, salt, hashbrowns, bacon bits, and sour cream in a 10 inch nonstick skillet.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 2-4 minute.
- Stop stirring when most of the liquid is gone and allow to cook, unstirred for approx 4 min until all liquid is gone and bottom is golden brown.
- cut into 4 pieces and flip with a spatula.
- Allow to cook for another 2 min until bottom is browned.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese.
- When cheese is melted, serve and enjoy!
Well, this was a very, very tasty dish. I wanted to post a picture, but it didn't come out photo worthy. Didn't have a non-stick pan, so stuck to the pan, so I had to scrape it out. But, again the taste was out there. Will fix this again! Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.