Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I threw this together tonight to use up some stuff from the fridge, and the result was REALLY tasty and fairly healthy! It also makes a smaller amount than most baked pasta recipes, which I appreciate since it is just DH and I. The measurements for spices are approximate, and you can definitely play with the veggies and throw in whatever moves ya!
Top Review by Engrossed
GREAT! This is EASY and SATISFYING. I doubled it and made it with chunks of string cheese. I also added a can of diced tomatoes and salt and pepper. Made for the Zaar tag game.
- 7 ounces whole wheat pasta (I like penne)
- 1 1⁄2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, sliced (or zucchini)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix sauce through oregano in an 8 x 8 pan and stir well. You can choose to add 1/2 the mozzarella here or put it all on top--your call!
- When pasta is finished drain quickly and add to sauce mix. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 400.
- Remove foil and add remaining (or all) mozzarella. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until pasta is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!