Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I threw this together tonight to use up some stuff from the fridge, and the result was REALLY tasty and fairly healthy! It also makes a smaller amount than most baked pasta recipes, which I appreciate since it is just DH and I. The measurements for spices are approximate, and you can definitely play with the veggies and throw in whatever moves ya!
- 7 ounces whole wheat pasta (I like penne)
- 1 1⁄2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash, sliced (or zucchini)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix sauce through oregano in an 8 x 8 pan and stir well. You can choose to add 1/2 the mozzarella here or put it all on top--your call!
- When pasta is finished drain quickly and add to sauce mix. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 400.
- Remove foil and add remaining (or all) mozzarella. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until pasta is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
GREAT! This is EASY and SATISFYING. I doubled it and made it with chunks of string cheese. I also added a can of diced tomatoes and salt and pepper. Made for the Zaar tag game.