Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the first thing my husband cooked for me back when we were dating. Very simple but really delicious. I was hooked.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs orange roughy fillets
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Put fish fillets in a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Trying to get my husband to eat fish any other way than fried has been a challenge. We all thought this was delicious and it was easy on the cook (that's me) because it was simple to make. The fillets were tender and the seasoning was slightly spicy but not overdone. Thanks Nurse Di, for another great recipe.
This was my very first attempt at making any kind of fish (besides canned tuna) and it does not get any quicker or easier than this. The seasonings were very good and I will make it again. Thanks
Orange roughy is my favorite fish. Another spice to try on it is oregano. I use salt, pepper, and oregano. I don't even use butter because the fish has a rich, buttery flavor of its own.