Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a satisfying meatless meal that is very easy to make. You could make it with meat sauce if you like. Serve it with a salad, some good garlic bread and a glass of red wine. I got this from a local retirement community cookbook.
- 12 large manicotti
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions (I cook until ala dente).
- Let pasta dry on paper towels.
- For filling,in medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with the ricotta, basil,garlic, and pinch of salt.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with cheese mixture.
- Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange stuffed shells over sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake Manicotti for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
A perfectly nice, comforting manicotti. So simple to put together. I like using the plastic bag-with-a-corner-snipped-off method for stuffing the manicotti. Thanks Little Bee, the leftovers are going in the freezer for the next I'm too tired to cook night.