2 hrs 35 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Fast and very, very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté 1 large chopped onion and 1 (seeded and chopped) sweet red bell pepper in 3 tablespoons olive or salad oil until tender.
- 2Mix 2 cloves (minced or pressed) garlic, 1 (28 ounces) tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Cover and simmer 20 minutes,uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. until sauce is reduced to about 1 quart.
- 5If I am in a real hurry I just use 1 (26 ounce) Hunts garlic and herb spaghetti sauce for the bottom and 1 (26 ounce) Hunts garlic and herb spaghetti sauce on the top.
- 6Spoon 1 cup of the tomato sauce into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- 7Cook ground beef.
- 8Mix ground beef, parsley, onions, salt, herbs, cottage cheese, cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- 9Put about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture into uncooked manicotti shells.
- 10Place shells in baking dish.
- 11Pour the remaining sauce evenly over them.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- 13Cover tightly with foil (refrigerate, if made ahead).
- 14Bake at 350°F until manicotti are tender about 1 1/4 hours (about 1 1/2 hours if refrigerated).
- 15Uncover bake 5 minutes to brown lightly.
- 16Serve sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.6
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.7 mg
- Sodium 888.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: