Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Kraft: Food and Family", Winter 2006.
Top Review by DanielleRaichel
Super easy to make especially if you buy premade pesto and sauce! The noodles broke to easy by just using a bag. Next time i'll use a pastry bag that will actually not break the shells. Super simple.
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto (DiGiorno) (optional)
- 12 manicotti, cooked, rinsed in cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix egg, cheeses, and pesto sauce until well blended. Spoon cheese mixture into large resealable plastic bag. Using scissors, cut off small hole from one of the bottom corners of bag.
- Cook manicotti shells for half of the time on the box. This will keep them firm enough to handle and not fall apart when stuffing. The additional cook time in the oven will cook them the rest of the way. After you remove the partially cooked manicotti from the stove, transfer them into a container of cold water. This will prevent them from continuing to cook
- Fill manicotti shells, 1 at a time, squeezing cheese mixture into both sides of each shell. Place manicotti over sauce in dish; pour remaining 1 1/4 cups spaghetti sauce over manicotti. Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heat through.