This dish has become a family holiday favorite. It's so easy and quick though, that you might want to serve it on a regular basis. I've made this with both regular and low fat ingredients and have been pleased with the results each time, though I wouldn't suggest using fat free products.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Mix sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, egg, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl.
- Gently add noodles and 2 cups of cheddar cheese, mixing lightly.
- Pour into a greased 13" x 9" caserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.