Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish has become a family holiday favorite. It's so easy and quick though, that you might want to serve it on a regular basis. I've made this with both regular and low fat ingredients and have been pleased with the results each time, though I wouldn't suggest using fat free products.
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Mix sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, egg, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl.
- Gently add noodles and 2 cups of cheddar cheese, mixing lightly.
- Pour into a greased 13" x 9" caserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This was very good. I loved that it was so easy to throw together! At first bite, I thought it was a little bland, but the more I ate, the more I liked it and ended up going back for more. I was just making it for the family, so I halved the recipe. Thanks for a quick and easy mac & cheese!
This is really good macaroni and cheese. My family thought it was just wonderful. Very easy to put together. Thanks for poating a recipe I will be using from now on.
Wonderfully creamy texture and great taste. Even though this contains egg, it's not custardy. I really liked how easy it was to prepare. Thanx for posting this recipe. It's a keeper that will get used over and over!