1/1 Photo of Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
I first had this at a friend's house for dinner and loved it. I asked her for the recipe and could not believe it when she said it had mayonnaise in it! She said her Great Aunt made it this way all her life. I never would have posted this recipe because I don't really care for mayonnaise but in this dish it reigns supreme! You've got to try it! I usually use penne pasta and I love adding cayenne, to taste, to the mayo before mixing it in with the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter or spray a casserole dish.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Toss the pasta with the mayonnaise, milk, mustard and cheese.
- 4Season with the salt and pepper.
- 5Pour into the casserole dish and top evenly with the breadcrumbs.
- 6*If you like a real crunchy top, use more breadcrumbs.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbling hot.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.9
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 574.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: