1/6 Photos of Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Mommy Diva's Note:
This is a family favorite that I learned from my Mom. It has been passed down and I am sure it has changed over the years, but everyone that has it loves it. I use it anytime I need a nice side dish in a pinch!! The left overs reheat nicely and never stick around more than a day or so! I tend to cook by sight, so I did my best to approximate the measurements. I like to make this with fried chicken, grilled salmon, pork roast,etc with a fresh salad or veggie. It really is a versatile dish that leaves you free to tend to your main dish or dessert prep!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400.
- 2Bring water to boil, then add pasta. Cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes (as directed on package).
- 3While macaroni cooks, chop onions to desired consistency.
- 4Drain pasta and rinse with hot water.
- 5Place pasta back into pot with 2 tbsp butter and stir to cover so pasta does not stick.
- 6Stir in onions and cheese.
- 7Pour in heavy whipping cream and stir until nicely mixed.
- 8Add garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
- 9Scoop mixture into covered casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, then check for desired bubbliness. ;).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.0
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 303.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
four cheese blend