Recipe by Andys Wife
I looked for a Jo Jo recipe for the Family one day and was not satisfied with what I found. They either had too much oil or too much fat from deep frying or butter. I came up with this by combining 4 recipes I found and we loved them! I will never eat deep fried soggy Jo Jo's again, there's no need! Thank you to the four chefs for their inspirations!
Top Review by Diana #2
These were very easy to prepare, and had nice flavour. I loved the cayenne sprinkled on top. Mine didn't crisp up as nicely as I would have liked, but maybe I should have left them in longer. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- morton's hot salt (optional) or ground cayenne pepper (optional) or salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and place in cold water for at least 1 hour. Slice Potatoes into spears. Place on a heavy duty cookie sheet, poor Olive Oil over potatoes and toss. In a pie pan combine remaining ingredients (except hot salt) Press each potato wedge in flour Mixture. Place back on cookie sheet (Balance on skin part if possible) Sprinkle with Hot Salt now if desired. Bake in a 400 degree oven for approx 45 minutes, or golden brown. Use spatula to remove from pan and serve with Ranch dressing and ketchup/salsa.