Recipe by Ginny E.
Only in Alaska - I used to get this in the school cafeteria and everyone loved it. It is incredibly fast and simple. I serve it with mash potatoes and a salad.
Top Review by Kissthecook78
This is a delicious and easy recipe my family loved! I used fresh halibut caught on our fishing trip here in Alaska. My only variations were that I cut the halibut into smaller pieces, sprinkled the remaining bread crumb mixture on top of the halibut before baking and I used a sea salt seasoning I got in Maui but I imagine anyone's favorite seasoning works fine. This is a keeper and already have requests to make it again soon. Thanks for sharing this quick and easy recipe!
- 4 (3 -4 ounce) halibut fillets, cut into 3 - 4 oz portions
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, Johnnys
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut filets into 3 - 4 oz portions. (Fist size).
- Melt Butter.
- Crush Ritz Crackers into crumb size pieces.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Dip halibut into melted butter then into cracker mixture.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Pour remaining melted butter over halibut.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or until flaky when touched with a fork.