Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
You will have to taste it to believe it. Soooo Gooood.
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans, undrained
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, peeled,minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 3 qt.
- baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and cream.
- Cover casserole and bake for 1 hours.
- Stir in cheese and cream, lower heat to 325 and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Do not let this soup boil.
this was a delicious surprise. i don't think i have ever baked a soup before. i omitted the garbanzos, not a favorite here, but the flavor was still great! this is a good recipe for the atkins diet(sans beans)