Recipe by Jeff Hixson
Got it from a community recipe book.
Top Review by Bobbie
WOW -- did we ever love this breakfast egg dish!!! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us. I did cut back just a wee bit on the milk -- and put in a couple tablespoons of sour cream. I also had a couple mushrooms that I chopped up and added along with some chopped parsley. I used a combination of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese. This smelled so good while it was baking -- but the best part was digging in with fork in hand!!! Thanks, Jeff!!!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Saute onions in butter until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk, salt, ham, and all but 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased ovenproof 2 quart csserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until mixture is set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Continue to bake until cheese melts.