Got it from a community recipe book.
Make and share this Easy Baked Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Saute onions in butter until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk, salt, ham, and all but 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased ovenproof 2 quart csserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until mixture is set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Continue to bake until cheese melts.
WOW -- did we ever love this breakfast egg dish!!! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us. I did cut back just a wee bit on the milk -- and put in a couple tablespoons of sour cream. I also had a couple mushrooms that I chopped up and added along with some chopped parsley. I used a combination of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese. This smelled so good while it was baking -- but the best part was digging in with fork in hand!!! Thanks, Jeff!!!!!
Very nice basic recipe that can easly be adjusted to suit individual taste. I cut this down to a 1/3 as there's only 2 of us and still had enough left over for breakfast in the morning. It goes together fast which is great when your hungry in the morning. I added bacon with the ham when sauting the onions, added some chopped jalapenos and a chopped garden fresh tomatoe. Used the chedder cheese in the mix but topped with Mozzerella. Then baked just as directed. Served with hot coffee and an english muffin and made for a wonderful breakfast. Thanks Jeff for posting, we'll be using this one again - maybe for full amount for the holidays when we're expecting a LOT of company.
Nice easy recipe for eggs. I used some leftover frozen Honey Baked Ham that gave it a good flavor. I halved the recipe for the 2 of us, left us with enough for tomorrow too. Made for the cook-a thon~