Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so delicious and there's no mess of frying! I found this recipe on the side of a biscuit can a little while ago and now use the recipe quite often.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together to make cinnamon/sugar mixture (you can adjust the measurements to your liking).
- Cut a hole in the center of each biscuit, set center portions aside.
- Dip biscuits into butter and then into the cinnamon/sugar mixture, place on non-greased baking sheet.
- Dip holes into butter and into sugar/cinnamon mixture, place on non-greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until donuts are golden brown.
I used "Grands" biscuits and left them whole instead of cutting out the centers. I baked them as directed on the package, brushing them with melted butter AFTER baking, then rolling some in the cinnamon sugar and some in confectioner's sugar. I used a pastry bag to fill some of them with red raspberry jam. Definitely eat them while still warm.
I made these last night for my grandsons and the boys both said, "Wow, these are really good." Nice and easy, but it would have been easier with an actual donut cutter.
Love it. Easy and tasty!