Recipe by Mercy
I got this recipe from a former coworker, whose father, a professional cook, made this for every family get-together and holiday. When he passed away, she took on the responsibility for providing this tasty treat for her family.
Top Review by DarksLight
I'm fixin this for hubby & son,I'll post my review tonight,I made some adjustments as well...I added 1/2 lb of It saus,pre-cooked dirty rice mix & 1 can of chix & rice soup...I have to say,it wasnt bad :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (cream of celery or cream of onion soup may be substituted)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pinch all the ingredients together, with your fingers, in a large casserole dish.
- Spread it all out into an even layer and bake, covered with foil, in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and stir/smoosh (breaking up the pieces of sausage and beef into itty-bitty tiny bits) and add a little more water if it looks dry.
- Bake, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes.